some one please tell me what this is!!!

Last Updated:

1. bobomatic

bobomatic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

the icon in the red square! i'm guessing it means something is down loading? but i cant see anything running in spare parts or the stock app. it just showed up. i've forced stopped everything running, turned off back ground data, cleared cache..and yada yada...

Just NOTICED i put this in the wrong spot...

ok i found it. settings, applications, manage applications.. its Contacts Data. what is that for? i force stop it, but it just pops back up.

EDIT : i think i found the problem..earlier i had the phone hooked up to my laptop in PC mode and just unplugged the USB. i think is was stuck trying to sync. i just plugged it back in and was a good boy and did the remove thing. its been 40 min. maybe this can help someone else..
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

it is the sync icon, it means something you have set up to update or something is updating automatically. News feeds, emails, facebook, twitter, espn, sports app etc....

3. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

I personally only ever see that when I refresh my Gmail. Maybe it does show up when other widgets like Twitter and Facebook update, as jreed said. If that's the case then I guess I'm never looking when that happens because I never see it at any other time.

4. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

yeah I see it everytime newsrob, facebook, gmail and weather refresh.