• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some Pages Loading Strange (again)...

Frisco

=Luceat Lux Vestra=
Jan 19, 2010
androidforums.com
I'm only seeing it in Desire HD device forum, at the moment:

2yvmb6q.jpg

Hmm... it looks like a Firefox display issue on that page alone (Desire HD main page).. so far as I go through the forums.

[edit]: Fwiw, Rob, in his post yesterday in http://androidforums.com/suggestion...d-issues-editing-quoting-etc.html#post2359219 mentioned, "There is some chance the thread title/dupe/broke image is related to this."

More than one thing going on, display wise, can sometimes point to one root cause.

Upvote 0
It'll be interesting to see if the update in Firefox changes that. I'm a little suspicious of it now.
I'm half way through downloading something but after I'm done (been downloading since this morning and only half way done so I don't want to update and restart browser, and have that stop), I'll update and see.

Reactions: Frisco
Upvote 0
Just updated to Firefox 3.14 and don't notice any issues.

Is it 3.14 or 3.6.14?

This morning it's worse in mine (3.6.14); more pages messed up. By "messed up" I mean graphics not aligned.

Nothing seems to be missing, and as mentioned in another thread, the link to the page being viewed is fixed, with the little folder icon there instead of the broken image place holder and/or a link.

I'm going to uninstall Firefox, then reinstall it. I've tried cookie and cache cleaning, might as well try a replacement of the whole browser.

[edit]: Never mind the uninstall/reinstall; I'm in IE8 right now, just switched, and see that the problem is a bit more pronounced, having to horizontal scroll at the Desire HD forum page, for example. I hate this browser.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones