Some problems.Support

Last Updated:

1. xEzekialx

xEzekialx Member This Topic's Starter

So I just joined the xperia x10 side and im having some problems. Im missing mediascape and i cant figure out why i cant use my own pictures as wallpapers. then and when i look at my apps some apps take no space and do nothing does anyone know why this is?

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Hello there and Welcome to the Forum!

It would help you get the answers you need if you could provide a little more information on your country and carrier, as some applications are location sensitive and others are removed by your carrier.

3. xEzekialx

well i dont know much about that stuff but im from alberta and im with bell. my phone is unlocked and ya.

4. rosered

OK, well as far as I know you should have mediascape on your phone as you are a Canadian user. I wonder if you should try running a reset/repair via Sony Ericsson Update Service to see if it reinstalls what you are missing.

When you say you have apps with nothing in them, what are they? Are you going by the data in the Manage Applications part of your phone? Do the apps work if you run them from your app drawer?

5. Holger_Danske

Holger_Danske Well-Known Member

Hang in there a second... Xperia is not offered by Bell, just Rogers. I wonder how that affects his setup.
    I suppose I could flick my better half's SIM into my Xperia and see what happens- that is if she lets me.
    I'll offer up any information if I have anything to offer.

6. Holger_Danske

Holger_Danske Well-Known Member

Sorry. Couldn't get into the back of the iPhone to get her SIM out. I wouldn't doubt it might have something to do with Bell itself...might just have to root it and go naked.

7. xEzekialx

im actually scared to root it, dont know how. But as in the apps that are showing 0kbs are Android system, email stuff like that.

8. rosered

If you are looking via the Manage Applications menu then yes my Android System says 0% too. If you press Menu whilst in there and sort by size and scroll to the bottom there are loads that say zero. Don't worry about it especially on system stuff, you can't uninstall it and it may be doing some crucial job but storing no data.

Sounds like your phone is just the same as mine, and mine (touch wood) is working perfectly!

On the mediascape front, you do have an X10 large not a mini/mini-pro as they don't have mediascape on them. If you have a large X10 I would try a repair with Sony Ericsson Update Service to see if this reinstalls it for you.

9. xEzekialx

How do i reinstall it?

10. rosered

If you download Sony Ericsson Update Service Sony Ericsson - Support - Phones - Topic - Updateserviceapplication - Xperia? X10 this will factory reset your phone and hopefully (!) give you mediascape. This will wipe your phone so take note of the instructions on the top right of the link I just gave.

If you go in to the secret menu part of your phone what information do you have there...

From the swype/unlock screen don't unlock but press

Menu Back Back Menu
    Back Menu Menu Back

Then go in to service info and see what you have under Model Info and Software Info.

I just wonder what is different between your phone and other peoples.

11. xEzekialx

Thanks that helped! One more question how do i get rid of unwanted apps? Like moxier?

12. rosered

I am glad you got sorted on the update. Yay!

Sadly on that you can't. Moxier mail is part of the bloatware that SE put on the phone, other stuff is added by your carrier. To get rid of them requires you to root your phone and that is a whole different ball game. Have a look in the All Things Root section of the forum for advice.

13. xEzekialx

is there any way to hide them?

14. rosered

You can hide them by using ADW home launcher, it is downloadable from the market. I would also suggest downloading Home Switcher first as this gives you easy functionality in selecting which switcher you want to use, either the SE one or ADW and then setting as default.

You basically get up to 7 screens with it and it is very customisable one of these being modify your app drawer to only show the icons for those apps that you will use.

There are some threads about on ADW and also it is mentioned in the Show us Your Home Screen section quite a bit.

Have a read up and see if you fancy it. There are also some clips on Youtube so it will give you an idea of functionality too.

15. xEzekialx

How do i set it up so it shows the ones i use? Sorry Really new to this. Came from an iphone, also is there anyway to maxiumize my battery?

16. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Hi.

It's at the point where there is nothing to be "scared" about, as the process can now be done with an app in one click, and one click to unroot, so you can root your phone with an app to remove the stuff you want using Titanium Backup, then unroot if you want to.

17. xEzekialx

i tried rooting it, but couldnt figure out how to get rid of the stuff. I tried that program but it costs. No CC

18. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Which means what, you did or you didn't?
    Install Titanium Backup (free version), you'll also need to install BusyBox and Superuser Permissions. Run TB, tap on the app you want to remove, then click "uninstall".

19. xEzekialx

Thats confusing >< It was rooted not anymore