Some queries

Last Updated:

1. fahadchaudhry

fahadchaudhry Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I have some queries:

1- I have Desire with Froyo. So, technically whenever I install an app, I should be given an option to install it on SD card. But so far, haven't seen it yet, consequently today I got a message that phone memory is running low. So, please help me out.

2- Secondly, last night due to some reason I opened navigation first time and there came two pop-ups asking me for some settings. I ticked them and then a satellite logo appeared on top bar. Does it consume a lot of battery?

3- So far I have set many applications on automatic updates but I have observed that I have to always update them manually. They don't get updated automatically.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

1. Apps need to be coded so that they can be moved to SD, some have been updated already, some not.

2. The satellite logo is GPS. You can leave it open if you want and it will only use battery when the app is actually using it, i.e. when the logo is displayed in the notifications bar.

3. Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync. Check that Background data and Auto-sync are checked. I believe these should be checked to allow apps to update/sync as per the frequency you specify in the app settings.

3. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

As Hey You said, the app needs to be coded for this feature. The latest verion of Google Maps is now coded for this and by default is set to use the card.
    I've used Google Maps Navigation and yes it does use a fair amount of battery since the GPS is used a lot to monitor your location, and it uses lots of CPU too, so the phone will get warm when using it.
    What Hey You said.
    :D

4. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

Search for an app in the Market called SDMove. This will search through all your apps and show which ones can be moved over to the SD. One thing to bear in mind when you use it is that a lot of the time on the first attempt it will say unable. Just click it again to move it and it should work perfectly.

Another thing to bear in mind is that not 100% of the app will be moved over, its not true APPS2SD but pretty close and should free you up a fair bit of space.

5. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

One other thing (you may know this already), go to the Market and click 'Downloads'. Any app updates will be shown at the top of the list, and most of the recent updates include 2.2 support.