Some questions about eris.

Last Updated:

1. pilotaaron1

pilotaaron1 New Member This Topic's Starter

I am new to these threads and I have tried to find the answers to the questions but I cannot find them. I just have a couple of questions, I am trying to figure out what to do with my eris. I currently have the 2.1v1 leak and my questions are:

1. How close are the 2.1 leak versions to being rooted?
    2. Could you downgrade from a 2.1 leak, then upgrade to the 2.1 official update, then root?
    3. Could you overclock an eris without rooting?
    4. If I upgrade to 2.1v3 leak, am I going to lose all of my apps and everything again?

Basically I am looking to get a little bit better performance out of my eris. And so at this point I am trying to figure out what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. BlazeD OnE

BlazeD OnE Banned

1) idk
    2)no
    3)no
    4)yes, back them up, search the forums how-to

3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

1. Nobody knows how far away the leaks are to being rooted. They still haven't actually found an exploit to root 1.5 yet. Right now the only way to obtain root access is by flashing an engineering rom with built in root access that was leaked. The problem for leakers is that this rom has a different hboot and therefore cannot be flashed over the leak.

2. Currently there are no downgrades available for leaks, and the reason is the same as why you can't root.

3. Overclocking requires root access

4. Flashing the leakv3 will wipe your phone. I suggest making sure your contacts are synced thru google. I would backup my apps using appbrain or by following this thread: http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/41385-how-backup-your-htc-eris.html

4. pilotaaron1

pilotaaron1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Dang. I guess that is what I get for wanting to be cutting edge lol. Thanks for all the help and the link for backing up my eris, I am going to upgrade to 2.1v3.