some questions about Kakao

1. omnius

omnius Well-Known Member

Couldn't get to their website today, but I was wondering a few things about Kakao Talk

1. Can you lock out the access to it from others who might get their hands on your phone? Like lock your chat conversations, contacts etc?

2. Is there an option enable/disable notifications from automatically coming to your phone every time a new text msg arrives? If left enabled, does it impact battery by any noticeable amount?

3. How does using it appear on your phone bill? Just the same as any other web browsing? I'm curious about that, because using the app requires your phone number. I don't want any of my usage of Kakao appearing on my phone's SMS, and I don't want phone numbers used by kakao appearing on my phone bill.

Advertisement
  2. KakaoTalk

KakaoTalk New Member

@omnius, here are answers to your questions

1. You may use 'Passcode' function from settings to lock the app with 4digit pin code.

2. You may enable/disable push notifications from settings. Enabling push notification will not drain device's battery with noticeable amount.

3. Kakao is free of charge, meaning it will be same as web browsing. It will only use up internet data. KakaoTalk's data usage is very small, as long as you have some internet data package with your smartphone it will be free.
    No, Kakao won't be appearing on your phone bill. The only reason we require your phone number is to verify if you are the owner of the device.
    omnius likes this.
  3. soccerwiz

soccerwiz New Member

would using kakao
    free call also only use data service and leave no records?
    Thank you.