Some Questions about my Hero

Last Updated:

1. Legal

Legal Active Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, I seem to be the only one having this problem. I got my Hero about a week ago and stumbled upon this thread, so I figured I'd try some of these apps out. Well, when I scan the barcode, three options come up, two of which are to share the URL, the other, to open the browser. Naturally, I pick the first to open the browser only to receive an error message "There are no matches in android market for the search: XXXX" What am I doing wrong?

Also, I wanted to make sure my build number was correct as it suggests at the top of the thread, but I couldn't find anything like that on the HTC website. Sorry for being such a newb, fellas.

Thanks in advance!

legal

Advertisement
  2. JayCee

JayCee Well-Known Member

You'd be better off asking this in a new thread in the Hero forum as this isn't the proper place to ask given the threads title.
    You'll find the build no in the "Setting", "About Phone" menu on the Hero.

3. Legal

Legal Active Member This Topic's Starter

I apologize for posting in the wrong area. And I was able to find the build number from following the directions at the top of the thread. This is the part that confused me: "To see if you have the latest update compared to that on the HTC website" I couldn't find anything on the HTC website to check and see if my build number was up to date.

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

That Market error usually means that the app is now only available to users of Android 1.6 and above. It's occurring more and more as devs update their apps to work with the new devices coming to market.

The build number for the updates on HTC's support site are usually shown against the file description, btw.

5. Danny159

Danny159 Well-Known Member

I get the same issue, my firmware is 1.5 any idea how I can update or whatever... my HTC is brand new and I have only had it 4 days...

Dan

6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

No OS update has been released for the Hero yet. When it arrives, hopefully in the near future, it will be 2.1.