Some questions about my new BackflipSupport

Last Updated:

1. kc5hwb

kc5hwb Member This Topic's Starter

I got this phone yesterday and so far I am loving it. But I do have a few questions about it...

How can I get my Gmail to show in the Universal Inbox? I have the Messaging icon on my desktop, and when I go there, it shows all my IM and email progs, along with FB and Twitter, but it doesn't show Gmail. Can I add this to this view?

Same question with Gtalk. When I go to the IM icon, Gtalk doesn't show in this view. How can I add it? I have setup Gtalk and Gmail on the phone and they are working when I go to the icon on the apps menu, but not showing in these views.

Advertisement
  2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

Welcome to the motorola backflip group; I have loved mine since day one and will be keeping for a long time. As for g-mail, you can do it, however it will not be push in the messages box.

1. (optional and recommended) If you want to stop the e-mail from going to the g-mail folder; press menu --> settings --> Google synchronization and uncheck Gmail. Do not uncheck calendar or contacts; you want google to sync those

2. Then exit settings and go into messages. Add a new account as a corprate e-mail with the following settings:

Domain\username: google\your-email@gmail.com
    Password: your gmail password
    Email Address: your-email@gmail.com
    Server: m.google.com

3. Select ok.

4. Then go back into manage accounts and edit the g-mail (not google) account, uncheck sync contacts and calendar and change sync messages for All.

Now google will sync your e-mail to your messages folder and your contacts and calendar normally

Sorry I don't use gtalk (I use ebuddy for all my IMs); so can't help you there.

kc5hwb likes this.
  3. kc5hwb

kc5hwb Member This Topic's Starter

Does eBuddy connect to Lotus Notes Sametime? I need to find a way to connect to that for work.

4. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

not sure on that one. I don't see it as an option in the add menu