Support Some questions about my new Backflip

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kc5hwb, Mar 30, 2010.

1. kc5hwb

kc5hwb Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I got this phone yesterday and so far I am loving it. But I do have a few questions about it...

How can I get my Gmail to show in the Universal Inbox? I have the Messaging icon on my desktop, and when I go there, it shows all my IM and email progs, along with FB and Twitter, but it doesn't show Gmail. Can I add this to this view?

Same question with Gtalk. When I go to the IM icon, Gtalk doesn't show in this view. How can I add it? I have setup Gtalk and Gmail on the phone and they are working when I go to the icon on the apps menu, but not showing in these views.

Advertisement

2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye
    VIP Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Male
    Travel and teaching for tech and automotive
    Riverside, CA
    Welcome to the motorola backflip group; I have loved mine since day one and will be keeping for a long time. As for g-mail, you can do it, however it will not be push in the messages box.

1. (optional and recommended) If you want to stop the e-mail from going to the g-mail folder; press menu --> settings --> Google synchronization and uncheck Gmail. Do not uncheck calendar or contacts; you want google to sync those

2. Then exit settings and go into messages. Add a new account as a corprate e-mail with the following settings:

Domain\username: google\your-email@gmail.com
    Password: your gmail password
    Email Address: your-email@gmail.com
    Server: m.google.com

3. Select ok.

4. Then go back into manage accounts and edit the g-mail (not google) account, uncheck sync contacts and calendar and change sync messages for All.

Now google will sync your e-mail to your messages folder and your contacts and calendar normally

Sorry I don't use gtalk (I use ebuddy for all my IMs); so can't help you there.

kc5hwb likes this.
  3. kc5hwb

kc5hwb Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Does eBuddy connect to Lotus Notes Sametime? I need to find a way to connect to that for work.

4. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye
    VIP Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Male
    Travel and teaching for tech and automotive
    Riverside, CA
    not sure on that one. I don't see it as an option in the add menu