Some Questions About Rooting

Last Updated:

1. dabears544

dabears544 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, I currently own a Alltel HTC Hero. This is my first post and was wondering about some of the specs of rooting. Now, the only reason I'm actually interested in rooting is because of wireless tethering. I was wondering, can you just run those apps after you are rooted? I mean, is there something like a patch or anything that needs to be done besides downloading the program. And one more question. It says that if I root, that I will be voiding the warranty. What exactly does this mean. If you know these answers, just feel free to comment on the thread.
    Thanks guys,
    dabears

Advertisement
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Yes you can root and simply install a tether program with no issues, and if you root they say you will loose your warranty, meaning the one year warranty on your phone if it breaks. but if you are able to flash your phone back the the official stock ROM, then they will not know it was rooted :D

3. dabears544

dabears544 New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok. Thanks for your help. Is there a place you reccomend I use for rooting an alltel hero? I found one on the Internet but it said there was some stability issues.