Some questions about using Behold II (XM)

Last Updated:

1. Pat Bowa

Pat Bowa Member This Topic's Starter

When XM is available for the android phones later this month, will be able to use it on our Behold II phone?

I read where we might need 2.1 but I also read where we will never have 2.1 on this phone because it lacks enough memory. Is this true?

Also, is there anyway I can figure out what OS version is on my phone? 1.6?

Thanks

Pat

Advertisement
  2. SoulCreator

SoulCreator Well-Known Member

An XM app for android? Holy crap that would be a dream come true!

3. psz

psz Well-Known Member

If you've never flashed your phone yourself, you're running 1.5

1.6 was never officially released for the Behold II, but the Factory version was released on these forums (shh, don't tell :p), along with two other versions of 1.6 for the Behold II (Port of the Galaxy version of 1.6, and a "Stripped Down" version of Behold II's 1.6).

The Behold II has enough memory for 2.1. 2.1 may be coming out next month, or it may not (we'll see). There's already work on an unofficial 2.1 port, so it may not be a problem.

4. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

To view your version go to settings and look in about phone but it sounds like you are on 1.5 if you have never put a Custom Rom on like psz said.

But my guess is yes when XM becomes available we should be able to use it. We would be upgraded to 2.1 and 2.2 when it comes out because supposedly 2.2 is supposed to fix fragmentation as for 2.1 T-mobile is going to start updating the phones after MyTouch Slide debuts so it should be soon sometime in June and After.