Some Questions (alot actually lol)Support

1. lcgreen

lcgreen Well-Known Member

1) Does holding Menu pop up the keyboard? (like Sense)
    2) Can anyone upload an example of the camera quality when taking photos in the dark?
    3) Do photos get stored in DCIM/100MEDIA , and is it stored in the internal memory or the MicroSD Card?
    4) Is there 8Gb of space to put music and stuff and the 1Gb approx for apps(ROM), or is there a total of 1Gb approx available inside the phone for use?

5) Do you think the buttons are really big?
    6) Does the proximity sensor work well?
    7) Are the patterns in the back just silver? (most reviews and stuff I can't see properly)
    8) Does it feel ok in jeans pocket?
    9) How is single hand usage? (I have average hand size)

10) Is there any LED notifications if you receive a message/low battery/miss call?
    11) Can you take photos/shoot videos with the front secondary camera?

thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude Well-Known Member

I can't answer a lot of your questions but I went into carphonewarehouse the other day to look at it and, as keep mine in my pocket, wanted to see what it was like. I currently have a T-Mobile G2 Touch (HTC Hero), the Galaxy, which is lighter and slimmer, was almost unnoticeable in my pocket where as the G2 was noticeable as it is pretty heavy and bulky.

As far as memory goes it has 8/16 Gb of memory for you to use for your stuff like music photos etc. The system memory is for the running of the phone, apps system etc.

The camera should save the photos on the user memory (i.e. the 8/16 gb) and not the system memory. I am not sure if you can save it to the sd card, if you have one installed. It is possible you might not even need to use an SD card so i suspect it will probably save them to the User memory. But these will be easy to get at.

The back of the phone is black though has a kinda blueish effect through it. Difficult to really describe unless you see it. Quite nice though.

Hope this helps.
    lcgreen likes this.
  3. t sport 1978

t sport 1978 Well-Known Member

1.) No
    2.) Not great in the dark, no uploaded pics unfortunately. Daylight picture quality is actually very good, and HD footages are outstanding (on par with Panasonic TZ7 HD)
    3.) You can choose where to store pics (int or SD), but folders are defaulted to DCIM
    4.) The ROM is set aside, the internal memory when empty (from new) had around 6gb for use.
    5.) No
    6.) Yes during calls it works very well
    7.) They are specks in a reflective blue colour
    8.) Yes
    9.) No problem
    10.) No
    11.) Pictures has a self shoot mode which uses front cam, not for videos as far as i can work out.

Hope this helps.
    lcgreen likes this.
  4. lcgreen

lcgreen Well-Known Member

wow, thanks for the answers xD

Thats cleared alot of my doubts- thanks.
  5. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

What he said, for user example shots head to samsunggalaxysforums.com