some questions!Support

Last Updated:

1. dmemon

dmemon Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 30, 2010
    I am new to this forum.. so i am sorry if i post something not valid here.. but i just had some question which i wanted to be answered.. I am from mumbai and samsung galaxy S just got available here for Rs. 28000/- and i will be purchasing it in a day or two.. and i am new to andriod too..
    so here goes some of my questions..
    1) to root is to provide administration access to the device.. bt which kinda app will require such access?
    2) I read somewhere rooting allows u to install third-party application bt third party apps are those which are available on market right? or is it something like i can install apps directly without going to market or something??
    3) i even read rooting will delete all your data.. and samsung galaxy s has 16gb divided into 2gb and 14gb right so data from which memory wud be deleted??
    4) if rooted can the device be unrooted?? with like no clue of it being rooted??
    5) i read tht browser cache uses lots of resources from the memory so what can be solution for this problem on samsung galaxy s?? and approx how much space wud it be taking up?

Sorry again if i posted something wrong or something that doesnt belong to this place..! and thanks in advance for help...!

2. voodooochild

voodooochild Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    ok here goes:
    1)yes correct, apps for example such as Titanium backup and Lagfixs require root access.
    2)Yes third party apps from outside the market and apps in development.
    3)No, rooting does not delete a single thing from your phone.
    4)Yes a device can always be unrooted, if you use Z4root, you can root and unroot with this app, and it is very simple to use.
    5) not too sure on things like size but the cache can be cleared in the settings, if you are refering to internet browser cache then again theres an option to clear it in the settings.

Hope that helps!
  3. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Voodooochild you just bumped a 5 month old thread! :)