• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some questions

nWayen

Lurker
Dec 4, 2009
Heej everyone!

My new HTC Hero just arrived a couple of days ago and I love it so far. Though there are some things I want to ask you:

1) I have saved all my contacts as SIM numbers. However, when sending a message they don't show up in smart dial. For instance, when I type "m - a", I only get the emailadresses starting with "MA", not the SIM contacts. When I save a contact as phone it does show up. Is there a fix for this, can I easily convert SIM contacts into Phone contacts, or do I have to make every contact a phone one manually by creating a new contact?

2) Is there a way to delete multiple emails in mail or sms in the sms app? They all have a trash can, but I was wondering whether you can delete them all at once, or delete them faster than one at a time.

3) How do you delete an email profile from the Mail app? I've set-up gmail and hotmail to use the mail app, but I found that the Gmail app works better for gmail, and now I want to delete my gmail profile from the Mail application.

Thank you very much!!!

Take care,

Erik

Heej everyone!
1) I have saved all my contacts as SIM numbers. However, when sending a message they don't show up in smart dial. For instance, when I type "m - a", I only get the emailadresses starting with "MA", not the SIM contacts. When I save a contact as phone it does show up. Is there a fix for this, can I easily convert SIM contacts into Phone contacts, or do I have to make every contact a phone one manually by creating a new contact?
People-->Menu-->Import
2) Is there a way to delete multiple emails in mail or sms in the sms app? They all have a trash can, but I was wondering whether you can delete them all at once, or delete them faster than one at a time.

Messages-->Menu-->Delete-->"Select whatever you want to delete"-->Delete

Upvote 0
I just got a new Hero, and while playing around with it, I found an easy to delete multiple email in whatever folder you choose. For example: go to your email inbox, touch "menu", touch "delete", press and hold the trackball, touch "menu", and the "mark all" box appears. touch "mark all", then touch " delete". and they will all be deleted. You can then go to the "trash folder" and do the same procedure. Works on "sent" folder, too.

Upvote 0
3) How do you delete an email profile from the Mail app? I've set-up gmail and hotmail to use the mail app, but I found that the Gmail app works better for gmail, and now I want to delete my gmail profile from the Mail application.

If I was you I would keep the gmail profile in mail app otherwise the emails will not show up in the people app. Just remove the notification in the mail app and use the gmail app for composing/reading.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones