• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SysSec

Aug 8, 2012
Hi again.
as I complained about the infinity in the last topic, I had a factory reset today.

I want to ask some questions from those who have no problems with their tablets.

1- Does anyone have Instagram on infinity? any problems?

2- is it possible to Disable the Apps that I don't need?

Example:

- Asus Day Scene
- Asus My water
- Asus@vibe
- Google+
3- How do you charge your battery? 0% to 100% ? or whenever you want?

4- Should I kill the Tasks from Task manager Widget?

5- Any other tweak for have a great performance.

I really appreciate your replies.

Thanks A lot

I don't manually kill apps unless they are hung, or I can see that they are using way too many resources and I can't stop it by just pressing 'back'. Other than these rare cases, I never kill apps, and neither should you. For a detailed analysis why, take a look here, written by one of the google developers that created Android:
Android Developers Blog: Multitasking the Android Way

There are no special considerations for charging Lithium-ion or Lithium-polymer batteries. Charge it any way you like.

I believe in ICS, you can disable apps via Settings > Apps. Go into the app in question, and there should be a Disable button.

I am rooted, and over at xda, there was a post that suggested some tweaks to the build.prop file that would make things smoother, faster, better, etc. But you need to be rooted to make the changes.

Upvote 0
There are two things I do to optimize my tablet.

1) I turned off auto rotate. The rotation annoys me (I like landscape). I also think that when it's rotated into portrait mode (either by the user rotating it or the app forcing it into portrait mode) can chew up system resources. I have no proof either way, but the tablet is much happier if it's kept in landscape, IMO.

2) I reboot once every other day (once every 3 days max). Mostly due to apps forcing portrait mode seems to cause the system to slow down a little bit. The reboot clears RAM and the OS rebuilds the RAM cache in an optimized fashion.

Upvote 0
To the OP:

If you want to uninstall the apps in your list, you will have to root your tablet. They are locked into the firmware.
I think the OP wants to disable them rather than uninstall. The Asus Day Scene and My Water are wallpapers aren't they? AFAIK they do not use any resources unless you use them. I am running JB on a tf300 so it my be different but I am offered the option of disabling them

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones