• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Some Really Strange/Serious Problem w/ My Droid - Plz Help!

Hello All,

Sometime yesterday (Jan 12th, 2010) between 8AM EST and 6:30PM EST, something happened to my phone. Whatever it was, I didn't do it as it was sitting in my pocket all day long. The end result is this now:

- Haptic Feedback was turned OFF and now all of a sudden it's ON.
- The Home & Search buttons do not work (nothing happens when I press them or press and hold them).
- My lock screen was ENABLED and now it's DISABLED.
- The phone is much, much more sluggish compared to the day before yesterday.
- When I press and hold the power button, I only have one option to 'Power Off'. Previously, there were 3 options, including 'Turn Airplane Mode On' and 'Turn Silent Mode On'.

Model number: Droid
Firmware version: 2.0.1
Baseband version: C_01.3E.01P
Kernel version: 2.6.29-omap1-g0dd7e0b android-build@apa26 #511
Build number: ESD56

Yes, I have tried rebooting it numerous times, but no I have not performed a factory reset yet. The problems are weird enough that I don't want to perform a factory reset until I have at least some understanding of what happened to change my phone the way it did.

Anyone with any ideas?

Jeff

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones