Some slight problems after factory reset.

Last Updated:

1. wags1992

wags1992 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am not sure if I did this right. I did data wipe/factory reset. I had all my apps and contacts backed up on my back up pro. After the factory reset I noticed I still have 2.2(i force the 2.2 before the reset) I got all my apps back but my contacts are there but they are not syncing with facebook so I have multiple contacts of the same person and no facebook pictures are showing up next to contact names. Did I not do the reset right, why would I still have 2.2? Anyone have any ideas on the contact thing?

Advertisement
  2. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Well-Known Member

The factory reset does not take the OS back, every time there is an update the files are written and once that update is done the recovery image changes. As far as your facebook not syncing you will probably have to go back into the facebook app and double check the settings to make sure it is set to sync all contacts or whatever you had before. A lot of times those settings are not kept.

3. wags1992

yeah I went into the facebook app. I did check the sync all tab and tried to resync then. I have all my contacts in there, but the main thing is I want the facebook pictures with the contacts like they were before.

4. wags1992

Maybe I am going about it wrong. whats the correct way to sync your contacts from facebook. Any help is much appreciated.

5. twosips

twosips Member

I did this yesterday. It takes time for the device to create the thumbnails from the FB pics for your contacts. I had to open and close the contacts from the phone app a couple times before they all updated. Took the droid maybe 5 mins before they were all there.

6. wags1992

Its been more than 5 mins thats for sure and I still dont have 1 picture, except for my picture which is synced that for some reason. I dont get it. I guess I will leave it a lone for a little bit and see what happens. I keep hitting the sync button for facebook and it says syncing and doesn't actually put the pics up.

7. twosips

twosips Member

I assume you went into Contacts>Accounts> and turned on Auto Sync? You should see your FB account listed there. If it is not, it is probably not syncing.

8. wags1992

okay I think I figured out the facebook picture problem with it not syncing to your contacts. I went in to settings>accounts&sync> then select the facebook account, then remove account. then go back to add account and add facebook account and then resync to contacts and it will slowly add photos to your contacts. thats what i did and it is working fine now.