Some sort of screen problem?

Last Updated:

1. intertubes

intertubes New Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 8, 2010
    So the other day I received a replacement Motorola Droid, as my first one's keyboard was falling off. With the new one, I noticed that sometimes when I would change the orientation, there would be a bit of lag in the transition. At first it was just annoying, but after a little while the phone would freeze in the laggy in-between because of it. To fix this I would just pop out the battery and turn the phone back on, simple.

However, after a few times, when I turned on the screen the backlight would come on but rather than displaying the Motorola logo the screen would remain black. The first time it happened, I popped out the battery again and it started up. But after that, every time it happened it took more and more times to pop out the battery before the screen would start. Last night it went out, and somehow I got it back, but then this morning it happened again and now it's not coming back no matter what I do.

I went to Verizon and got them to overnight me a replacement, but I've received some texts on this phone that I want to be able to see. I was wondering if there was any way to get to it, or if anyone had any ideas to get the screen working? Much thanks to anyone who can help.

2. GideonX

GideonX Guest

You can't view txt outside of your device. Sounds like your screen is really borked.