Some Tablet questions....

Last Updated:

1. JRFlurry

JRFlurry Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so here it goes...i want some sort of tablet but im not sure which one. There are alot of Android tablets coming out but just like Android for phones they all have scatted OS's. And as far as the iPad goes at least i know exactly what im getting. (and there absolutely beautiful!!). Also is it worth getting the 3G for the extra money? Im not sure how much ill be lugging it around with me outside of WiFi. Here are some of the Android tablets that are pulling me away from iPad

Toshiba's Smartpad: Specs Leaked - Gadgetank
    Tegra 2 packing StreamTV Elocity A7 Tablet - Gadgetank
    Samsung to Launch 7-inch Tablet in September - Gadgetank
    Toshiba's dual-screen Libretto W100 Laptop on Sale!!! - Gadgetank (not really a tablet)
    MSI Tablet Blows Past Prototype Stage. - Gadgetank

Well ya thats my list. Still pretty set on the iPad though. Haha. I use to LOVE my iPhone and would have gotten the iPhone4 if it didnt have so many problems out of the gate. I just still really love Android and as far as i can see an Android tablet might be more what im looking for. Thanks for any advice you might give!!

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Considering how prevalent wireless hot spots are anymore, I'd think getting 3G is really most useful if you plan to use the tablet for work (walking into customer environments, travel, high availability in the metropolitan areas, etc.). And hopefully the more mainstream tablets will support 3G dongles so you can always add 3G/4G at a later date.

Of the potential tablets you listed the MSI looks interesting though, between that and the Libretto, I'm not sure that I'd choose a tablet that runs Windoze. And the cost of the Libretto... yikes!

3. JRFlurry

JRFlurry Member This Topic's Starter

Ya the Libretto looks really cool but thats about it i think. Plus i rally kinda want to avoid Win7 on a Tab. I just think the 3G is over rated and i can in theory just tether from my phone.