Some tech questions t-mobile doesnt know

Last Updated:

1. luke4275

luke4275 New Member This Topic's Starter

I got the mytouch today.. I have a bunch of questions. If anyone knows any answers please reply.. Even if you know one of two tht is great for me.. thanks:
    My contacts have duplicate listings from the phone and the sim.. How can I only have sim contacts shown from each contact?

My behold used to send me an alert I can see on the phone when I got a text message or an email.. CAn I have this on the my touch?

How can I send a text to more than one person on my contacts list.. ( My behold had a box that I could x, next to each contact

How can I delete multiple emails without having to read each one? ( The behold allowed me to press mark for deletion.., ( without reading the emails) and then all got deleted when I pressed " delete marked."
    The google search is on top of the screen.. CAn this be moved away?
    How can I turn off predecitive text?

thanks for any help.

Advertisement
  2. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

Part 2. There is an alert section on the very top of the screen. Gives you updates like text messages or emails or whatever notifications. Just grab the grey bar and pull down. Also there are apps that will pop up the text message so you dont miss it. Lots out there. Another thing you can do is try sweeter home theme. I tried it and it confused me but from what I seen its AWESOME! (im too lazy to figure it out)

Part 3. To forward to mulitple people just tupe their name. I dont know how to get other people from the book yet. Sorry

Part 4. Dont think you can do more then 1. To delete just hold the screen on the message you want then it pops up to delete.

Sorry i could not answer more. I am fairly new to this MT3G thing too. HOpe i was able to help on something.

3. Signal Hill

Signal Hill Member

Are you referring to the Google Search bar on your "desktop"?
    Any icon can be moved by doing a long hold, and you can drag them to the trash can below. You can always add it or any app shortcut to the "desktop" by doing the long hold (press) on any blank area of the screen and a menu with options will pop-up.

For text and keyboard options, go to settings, locale and text, android keyboard, and toggle the check boxes on or off.

Hope that helps and makes sense...

4. Clackamas

Clackamas Well-Known Member

the email app confused me at first before I got us to "long press".

I needed to delete an email account from it, but to get the option, I had to hold my finger on the account for 1-2 seconds before the floating menu came up.

So, remember the longpress :)