Some things I don't understand...

Last Updated:

1. JoshUng

JoshUng Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

May 13, 2010

First about battery life. While I wouldn't consider the battery great, I haven't had nearly the amount of problems I've read about. I only lost about 10-12% overnight without charging, while Arrington says he almost lost all his battery power overnight. I'm sure Mr. Techcrunch is a whole bunch more savvy than I am with cell phones. I personally didn't tweak my settings too much. How are some people getting such poor battery life, when I, an admitted novice, is getting good battery life (Well, "fair" battery life at least)?

Second thing. In almost every review comparing the Evo to the iPhone, there is a complaint that Android phones need settings tweak, task killers, and other things an average user wouldn't think of, or know how to do. Now, that's a fine criticism and all, but in those same articles, the author says the iPhone can do anything the Evo can, all you need to do is jailbreak it. So, to get this straight, changing the settings on the Evo is too complicated and unintuitive for the average user, but jailbreaking an iPhone isnt?

I understand you need to find faults when reviewing, but Arrington called the Evo "fatally flawed", and the second point, well, I just don't get how anybody makes the second point with a straight face.