• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Some tips and tricks

akutasame94

Jan 11, 2013
So as missleading as the title may be, I am not the one giving tips. I need one. I was always into writing and creating (I draw a little too), and I always held a special place in my heart for handheld gaming (tho I still think of playstation as the ultimate gaming experience). Either way, making a PC game, or console game is out of the question, not only I have no resources, but I also lack the knowledge of coding. So some time ago, I heard that android development is a lot simpler, and can be learned rather quickly. And considering how much I love my android phone and gaming on it, I was like 'Why wouldn't I learn to make games on android?'

But hey, turns out I have no idea how to do so.

basically if there are any developers here, I would like them to tell me, what do I need to create games (so which software, what knowledge), where can I obtain what I need (tutorials, download links) and some tips on how to learn as fast as possible.

Also if someone has any experience in making rpg games (mostly jrpgs, as I do not wanna tackle 3D graphics and western style at the start, jrpg with simple sprites and commands looks the easiest) please feel free to help out.

If I posted in wrong section, move please :D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones