• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

some transferred music doesn't show-up

I used usb connection to transfer music from my computer to my turbo. When I search in google play music, most but_ not all_ music is in my library. However, if I have my phone connected to computer and search my phone as a drive, it lists all music files I transferred. Also, if I retry the transfer, my computer says files are already on device..AAAARRRRGGGG!!

Hi Steve-
I had the same problem with my Turbo. Check the format of your music files. If they are WMA, Google Play will not recognize them. They need to be converted to WAV files.
I have been getting a new Droid every year and before, I could just copy from my previous phone and put them in the Music file, but not this time.
I need to get a converter to get my music on my phone. It really hacked me that the Play Music app kept wanting me to buy music. Right! Like Google isn't making enough money now. Besides, I have hundreds of CDs with the music I want.
Have a good holiday.

Upvote 0
Hi Steve,
I got my Turbo a few days ago and I too loaded it up with music off of my PC. I uploaded WMA's and Mp3's into the music folder. I was annoyed that a lot of the files weren't showing up in Play Music immediately. I also looked to see if they had been transferred and they did show up in the phone music file. By the next day, all the music was working, WMA and Mp3. I don't use iTunes or any other music management, just folders labeled "rock", "country", "smooth vocals", "instrumentals", etc..
I loaded up about 4 gigs of files and I figured it just took a while for the software on the phone to sort it all out. No converter required Pisces.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones