Some unlucky dev. is about to dieSupport

Last Updated:

1. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alright! Just caved and bought Beautiful widgets. Guess what? Now I'm beginning to think all I'm going to do is regret it, because I can't download it. I get 'download is unsuccesful.' With and without wifi. Nothing is running to cause issues, and yes other things download fine. I just updated 7 apps. No, I'm not in a radio lockout (how would I be posting this?). WTFBBQ.

On an unrelated note, I am tired. And thirsty. I'm getting water.

Advertisement
  2. Thefoodman52

Update: it's now stuck at 'authorizing credit card'.
    I'm going to go smash my fists through all the windows in my house.
    BRBINSANITY

3. Thefoodman52

Alright, now it's saying my payment was declined... either due to innsufficient funds as a fraud measure... wtf? I have $35 some bucks on my card, and I just bought lunch today. Unless a pizza hut combo meal costs near $40, something is wrong with google. I still have $35 on my card, just checked, and all my credentials are correct in google checkout. Dear lord, now the refund button has vanished from the merke too!! I am GOING to go f$^@%g RAMBO on someone's ASS if this isn't working by the morning!!!! I mean, dear lord, it's only $1.60!! How frickin' complicated can it be to transfer two bucks over the web?!

Edit

I see all ya'llvlooking at this... but what exactly can I do? I'm in rage mode: who should be on the receiving end of my vent? The developer? Or google?

4. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Samsung:mad:

5. AndroidStephen

AndroidStephen Well-Known Member

Happened to me for a short time on a different app.. around the same time as yours... I just think Google payment system or something on the market was screwed for a little bit.

6. Thefoodman52

Well, they're saying now that its al because of the payment being in euros. Now I have to go to my bank to resolve this. I'm thinking that so far, this has been the worst 1.60 I've ever spent, hands down.

7. Eric-VTX

Eric-VTX Well-Known Member

That happened to me when I purchaed the same one you are trying to get! Go to your gmail account, there is an option to cancel in 24hrs. cancel! Go back to market and purchase...that worked for me! I think if you keep trying purchase on the same one it keeps freezing? Not sure why but at least thats how it worked for me...;)

8. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Brutal thread title!:cool:

It could be a lot worse, you could have been charged and then never able to d/l.

Frankly, this is one popular paid "app" that I just don't get. There are plenty of things I would and have paid for, but a bunch of fancy widgets and icons? It seems a lot like paying for ringtones or themes, which I also never understood. Personally, I would cancel the order, d/l weather bug, Digiclock, and some of the assorted bt/wifi/gps toggle widgets that are available for free and be done with it. If you truely do desire the widgets, I hope you get it straightened out ASAP.

9. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

The answer here, clearly, is get upset over less than two dollars on program that you don't need. Thanks internet.

10. Thefoodman52

That or it's not so much that it's $2, but how it's such a hassle over such an insignificant thing. I could care less if this was .50 or 500.50, I'm just mad, and in a bad mood.

11. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

So you're saying that you would kill someone over $2? Tell ya what, here's a fiver...I'll PM you my ex's address.

(Just kidding; my ex and I are still friends)

Seems like a one-off issue because I see people buying and talking about that all the time. Hope you got it resolved, though. Never had a problem buying in Euros or US$ before from the market on my Moment.

12. Thefoodman52

Make it 10 and you can have whoever you want 'dealt' with.

13. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

... $15 for my girlfriends old ex current stalker to be "dealt" with he he he he heeee

14. Thefoodman52

Hatchet, rifle (auto), 'accident', or car wreck? Lol.

15. decalex

decalex Well-Known Member

this thread is making me hungry.

16. jennn

jennn Well-Known Member

I can't buy anything that comes from the UK or done in Pounds with my debit card due to my bank flagging it as fraud. So I just know to use a real credit card for those apps. Its not the dev's fault. It's your for picking your bank. Not that I'm suggesting you off yourself.

17. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

hehe... i had this issue because i had an amex tied to my google account... if you use a visa or mastercard, it should work... and yes, it's the whole international thing. blah...

18. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Samsung.