1. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. XM_JDM

XM_JDM Well-Known Member

3. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member Contributor

I wish I could find a Walmart that sells Tmobile, let alone one with this phone in stock.
  4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

got mines this morning too :)
  5. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Got mine too :D
  6. LunchBB

LunchBB Well-Known Member

where you guys get yours? I want to buy one now without contract.
  7. BiGMERF

picked mines up at walmart in kissimmee florida. they had 4 more at 9am this morning. i was the first
  8. LunchBB

LunchBB Well-Known Member

Just called a walmart here in southern california, been put on hold for over 10 minutes. I hate if I have to drive over there only to find out they don't have it in stock =(
  9. behold_this

Las vegas
  10. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

The Nexus S didn't hold you for very long BigMerf :p

How's the Sensation everyone? :)
  11. behold_this

Very nice, although not as snappy as you would think a 1.2 ghz dual core phone would be (my mytouch 4g is about as quick). Still the features and UI improvements are an even trade IMO. I'm happy with it for sure and the instant capture camera is all you could hope for!
  12. BiGMERF

no i did not.. lol.. i have a sickness
  13. jhat3k1

jhat3k1 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I have the same sickness. I just walked into a wal-mart and laid down $651, even though I already have a G2x and a Thunderbolt. My wife does not approve of my sickness....to say the least.
  14. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member

yeah.. its here in san diego - but no way i'm gonna pay 651 for it

i know, no one else is selling it yet, but that's 50 more than htc said it cost

no thx - i'll just wait
  15. jhat3k1

jhat3k1 Well-Known Member

That's with tax.....
  16. BiGMERF

That's why I have my receipt.. Walmart has to price match :)
    SDscorch likes this.
  17. SDscorch

seriously?!?
  18. SDscorch

uhm.. i just checked out walmart's policy on price matching (ad match they call it)

here

looks like the price match has to be in effect at the time you're buying it - not for a given time later...

am i wrong here? no where does it say you've got a grace period - they use the phrase "at the register"
  19. BiGMERF

Its 30 days after.. I have done it plenty of times... if they give me a hard time I will simply return it and re purchase it at tmo.. very simple in my eys.
    SDscorch likes this.
  20. SDscorch

i see

thx!
    :cool:
  21. SDscorch

i did it!
    :cool:

but i haven't activated it yet - before i do, i want to know what happens if i put my old (current) SD card in my new phone if i've moved a lot of apps to it w/ Apps2SD -- when i start it up and google starts syncing my apps to the new phone, what happens to all the files on the SD card? are they just taking up space?? or is the system "smart enough" to see the app was moved to the SD card before and installs it appropriately... ??
  22. lfront

lfront Active Member

After 4 walmarts yesterday I finally found a dude that didnt know not to sell it til tomorrow haha. Success! I love it. And also I took my old sd card and threw it in..didnt think about my apps on sd but they are gone now..
  23. mvaliente

mvaliente New Member

which walmart in Las Vegas?
  24. SDscorch

@lfront

thx

part of my question though is... what about the files/folders that were written to the card - if they're still on there, they're just taking up space (bleh!)

i'm thinking maybe the best way to go about this is to 1) copy all the data in the SD card to my laptop, and then 2) format the current SD card in the new phone and then 3) cherry pick the data/files/folders from the old SD card backup (on laptop) and copy them over onto the new ph

my question then is... the automatic download that google initiates once i activate the phone - will they try to install to the SD card??
  25. lfront

lfront Active Member

I went thru and couldn't find any files pertaining to any apps already on there and I have more space so I don't know if they just vanished or wtf? Or I'm an idiot and missing something...