• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Somebody Robbed me =[

you're e-bragging right now anonymously.... for all anyone knows you are just spewing verbal crap out your fingertips because noone can prove you're not Ralph Machio. You sound like one of those guys in a bar that wears a TapouT shirt he bought from Walmart and says "I can't fight you because I would be charged with a felony because I am trained at fighting" while I buy your woman a drink right in front of you.

you did the right thing in the original post and don't need to second guessed or made to feel like less a man because you wished a do-over. Truth is, if you were in the same situation, again, and tried, you would have been stabbed and STILL had your replaceable crap stolen.

I'm sure you have more important things in your life (like family, loved ones, ect) to make sure you go home to than to worry about a smart phone that you have insured anyways. There are a lot of things I'll take a knife to the gut for, a cell phone ain't one of them

Upvote 0
I'll definatley look into Mobile Defender but ummm Yes I am very confident. Judo is all about disarming and plus I'm almost 99.9% sure that they don't even know how to use a knife properly because if they did they wouldn't be robbing me.

Judo might be all about disarming but it's no guarentee no matter how good you are, you don't know how good they are for starters. Also why would they not be trying to rob you if they knew how to use a knife properly? That makes no sense.

P.s. Subliminally diss you?

Upvote 0
This is why I carry this in my pocket. (Illegally, but in chicago on the trains, I really don't give a rats ass about the law when my life may be on the line)

Walther_PPK_1664.jpg

Worthless when someone puts a gun to your head and demands your phone and wallet. What are you going to do, try to whip it out and not get shot? Give them your phone and wallet and shoot them in the back when they turn away? That'll get ya some good old murder charges.

Don't get me wrong, I own a pistol for protection too, but you have to be realistic with these things. There are only a few cases where having one could save you and being held at gun point is not one of them.

Upvote 0
OMG thats awful :(

Gun control FTW!

Shame whats happened in the USA with guns :(

How humans can be so cruel :(

I'm sorry that you are ignorant....
Gun control???I've got good gun control I can hit a target I'm aiming at.
If guns were made illegal only crooks and theives would have them.....
The problem with this country is too many people willing to lay down and hand over their phones,rights,money,freedom.if we had more ppl willing to standup and defend themselves/rights we wouldn't be up piss creek.
"Shame what's happening in the usa with guns"
Shame what would happen without guns

Upvote 0
The problem with this country is too many people willing to lay down and hand over their phones,rights,money,freedom.if we had more ppl willing to standup and defend themselves/rights we wouldn't be up piss creek.

Yeah those guys with guns to their heads/knives to their throats giving up their phones are total cowards :rolleyes:.

Though I suppose if they all got stabbed/shot then there would be less people to rob.

I don't think lack of gun control is the cause of gun crime in the US but I also don't think it actually prevents much crime. Look at other countries which don't have guns if you don't believe me.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry that you are ignorant....
Gun control???I've got good gun control I can hit a target I'm aiming at.
If guns were made illegal only crooks and theives would have them.....

I understand its different in the US, you cant just disarm 100 million people,and criminals would still keep their guns. However here in the EU most states have fairly tight gun controls and we are a democracy.
Most EU states have low gun crime, however knife crime is an issue.

In my state, Ireland, our police dont even carry guns

Upvote 0
I understand its different in the US, you cant just disarm 100 million people,and criminals would still keep their guns. However here in the EU most states have fairly tight gun controls and we are a democracy.
Most EU states have low gun crime, however knife crime is an issue.

In my state, Ireland, our police dont even carry guns

And no way to defend yourself against the government if ever needed, or an invasion for that matter.

Who would be harder to invade, America where the general populous has access to firearms, or Ireland, where all they have are pitchforks and knives?

Reactions: damule6666
Upvote 0
And no way to defend yourself against the government if ever needed, or an invasion for that matter.

Who would be harder to invade, America where the general populous has access to firearms, or Ireland, where all they have are pitchforks and knives?

Ireland has an army you know.

Edit:
And no way to defend yourself against the government if ever needed
That seems really paranoid to me.

Reactions: ElasticNinja
Upvote 0

Lmao, so civilians with guns are going to overcome military trained armies, with military equipment and armour if you are invaded...

Reactions: ElasticNinja
Upvote 0

I would suspect the US as it spends the second highest GDP percentage on its military of the top 20 military spending nations in the world (highest is Saudi Arabia)

Upvote 0
Ireland has an army you know.
Indeed!
We have a small crappily equiped well trained military.
However we are next to the UK which has a large extremely well trained, reasonably equiped military.
UK also has nukes :)

Also as an EU member we would be defended by other EU member states, which also makes it extremely unlikely anyone would even have the nerve to think about invading us :)

Upvote 0
Indeed!
We have a small crappily equiped well trained military.
However we are next to the UK which has a large extremely well trained, reasonably equiped military.
UK also has nukes :)

haha! Oh man...that sounds like us Canadian.

Government: we will be cutting our fundings for the military
the population: WHAT? How are we to defend ourselves if anything happen?
Government: That's why we are VERY friendly with the USA (or as I like to say, we don't do anything to make our neighbour down south mad)

Upvote 0
Think it through....
Do you really think carrying a gun will keep you from being robbed again?
Are you going to have a gun with you 24/7?
If someone pulls a gun on you, do you think you will be able to get that gun out of your pocket to defend yourself before they squeeze off a couple of rounds into your torso?
Do you really think you will be invincible if you have a gun in your pocket?
Look back at what just happened to you; you're getting a replacement phone and the deductible has been waived. Is it worth risking your life to stop another robbery?
What you did was the best thing you could have done when you got robbed. You gave it up and came out unscathed, except for the damage to your ego.
Don't let your ego get in the way of thinking clearly about what to do the next time.

I CCW EVERYWHERE I go. Training is key, you may not be able to shoot them while they have it pointed at you, simple trick is to drop what ever you are handing them, if they go for it you shoot. if you go for it you come up shooting. I have practiced this method quite a bit and can upholster and shoot on target as fast as I can move. if you cant drop it then just shoot them in the back as they run away(legal in TX). I also carry just above my wallet so it looks as if I am reaching for my wallet. I shoot over 100rds a week through my CCW. Practice is key. Yes my stuff is worth more than some scumbags life, I work hard for what I have.

I was robbed once in Dallas before I carried, I was at a gas pump fueling up, he came up with a knife, demanding my wallet, he got a face full of gasoline. He got picked up a short time later at a car wash trying to cleanup. I applied for my CCW 2 days later.

Upvote 0
haha! Oh man...that sounds like us Canadian.

Government: we will be cutting our fundings for the military
the population: WHAT? How are we to defend ourselves if anything happen?
Government: That's why we are VERY friendly with the USA (or as I like to say, we don't do anything to make our neighbour down south mad)

That's how it is in Norway, our most operational army is actually doing their bidding for UN. Oh well, wish we could have a bigger army at home... >_>;;

Special knowing our coastline is one of the most important coastlines in Europe when it comes to both control and resources.

Upvote 0
That's legal where you are? That's messed up.

And no your stuff is not worth more than a human life no criminal or not.

yes, in Texas you may stop the perp from fleeing the scene. Its not messed up its the way it should be. They also stopped being human the moment they stuck a weapon in someones face demanding what isn't theirs. Wild animals take by force not humans.

Also if put through the stress of an armed robbery and I had to put down the perp. I could and would sue the perps family for the cost of PTSD therapy and the cost of any ammo I had to use.

Upvote 0
No they didn't. And what the hell has the family got to do with it how are they responsible, unless the Texas legal system is extremly screwed up then you would lose that suit, badly.

I would never expect to win the suit unless the perp was under 18 then it is the parents fault. But I always blame the parents when a scumbag of any age is out playing thug. I do feel it would prove a point and gain some national coverage.

Reactions: damule6666
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones