Somehow avoid bump charging?

Last Updated:

1. mahsan88

mahsan88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So i am somewhat sick of bump charging. I know that it is EXTREMELY beneficial, as i get a good 20% boost in my battery life. But the downside is that sometime i do not have time to bump charge, other times i forget to turn on my phone for an hour or two... It is a hassle that i would like to avoid.

Is there any software patch of some sort that would just fix the charging issue so that the first 7% do not drop so rapidly? I feel like there should be something out there, if not, then it seems like a possibility...

So someone please let me know if there is anything out there that would fix the problem.

Thanks guys!

Advertisement
  2. Two_cents

Two_cents Well-Known Member

get a ten dollar 1500 htc battery and an external charger for it... swap batteries
    people been trying to figure this out for a long time and the best they got was the quick charge from kingxklick kernels... I love haveing 2 batteries and the charger was only 25 bucks...

3. Two_cents

Two_cents Well-Known Member

get a ten dollar 1500 htc battery and an external charger for it... swap batteries
    people been trying to figure this out for a long time and the best they got was the quick charge from kingxklick kernels... I love haveing 2 batteries and the charger was only 25 bucks...

4. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

charge it with the phone off, no bump required

5. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

To answer your specific question... No. There is no patch to fix this nor is there an app or any sort of software. And there won't be either.

So your two options are the ones already suggested. Spare Battery + Backup Battery Charger or just charge your phone overnight with it off.

OR... just stop bump charging. Unless your battery is down to 10% by the time you go to bed, you probably don't need that extra 7% anyway.

6. upther

upther Well-Known Member

I don't know what your morning schedule is like, but here's what I do. Plug the phone in before going to bed, wake up, turn the phone off for bump charge, shower and get ready for work, unplug the phone and out the door. Most times the led is green by the time I get out of the shower.

7. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

If you lose 7%, then that's not 20% boost from bump charging lol.

8. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

I've noticed that if you just unplug, let it drop to the low 90s and then plug it back in for awhile, it helps a lot too. Not sure how much it helps compared to turning it off, but I get great results.

9. gemmy

gemmy Active Member

Download Juice Defender from the market, it helps your battery life alot. I did it and since yesterday at round 9:30 till 6:00 this morning my phone has only lost two bars.

10. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

juice defender does what several apps already do. if he is using y5 and setCPU already juicedefender wont do much for him unless he wants to start disable the 3G data connection also

11. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

+1 I've noticed that too. Almost as good as a bump but not quite.

12. banshee2008

banshee2008 Active Member

Twenty dollar ac timer works great.

13. Legobricke

Legobricke Well-Known Member

Yep...

Must agree on the wall charger idea....

and there are great deals out there for 1500, 1800 slim batteries and included chargers...

I got 2 of the 1800 and a charger for 20 bucks...

Lego