Somehow I viewed a Flash website on my Incredible even though I'm not using the 2.2 OTA?General

Last Updated:

1. gornul

gornul Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Trying to figure out what happened today... I was out riding in the car, and ended up looking up the website for Mini Cooper (miniusa.com). Everything worked just fine on the site, though I was a little intrigued by the presence of some loading animations because I haven't (to my knowledge!) done the required degrees of hacking to get Flash working. I thought that was part of Froyo only, and that 2.1 couldn't play Flash.

Imagine my shock when said website was revealed, when I got home, to be flash-based. What the heck happened here?

FWIW, my phone is rooted and running a Hydra kernel underneath the stock ROM, confirmed by checking my About Phone just now. I definitely haven't installed any app that I'm aware of that would explicitly enable Flash. So how did I do what I did?

Advertisement
  2. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Well-Known Member

You have Flashlite installed.

3. Skittlez

Skittlez Well-Known Member

lol welcome to 2010

4. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Try going to YouTube.com and seeing if you can watch videos directly on the site.

5. picord

picord Well-Known Member

I went to mini's site like you did and it worked for me, so next I went to youtube's full site like woop suggested and that work.
    Last was miniclip's full site and the games played for me.

6. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Flashlite allow stuff like that to work. There are limitations though, and a lot of sites don't work properly on flash light or are slow.