Somehow lost root..

1. Jay-qu

Jay-qu Member

Hi, I have just done the 'one click root' to my desire (here ), and after installing leeDroid's Froyo rom (2.0c) I have lost root access to my phone..

This means I cant do a Titanium Backup restore to get all my stuff back :(

Anyone know of a quick fix? or do I have to roll back and start again?

Cheers, Jay

Advertisement
  2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Try the factory reset settings/privacy/factory data reset & also reboot your phone, see if this helps.
  3. Jay-qu

Jay-qu Member

No go... still exactly the same problem. Thanks anyway
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I cant see how it is possible to lose root access to a custom rom.

Have you got the "Superuser" icon in the app drawer? Does it list applications in it?
  5. Jay-qu

Jay-qu Member

Nope, the superuser icon was there in stock 2.1 but disappeared in the custom 2.2 rom...

FYI I fully wiped and reinstalled but it made no difference.. Im thinking of trying another rom but I really liked leeRoid's, it gave me navigation in Aus :)
  6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

That's really odd. Dodgy download perhaps? Although its strange you can still flash.

Try modaco r8
  7. Jay-qu

Jay-qu Member

Well I have settled on another ROM - not sure which it was in the end, but its a modded froyo and I have perfect superuser access now :) also got navigation in Australia with Brut maps (if anyone else is looking for this feature).

Thanks for the help guys.
  8. kilroy

kilroy Well-Known Member

You didn't install the Offiical RUU for 2.2 did you? That would mean you lose root.
  9. Jay-qu

Jay-qu Member

No, the first time that I lost root I had installed LeeRoids 2.0c Froyo ROM. The second time I installed a stock Froyo with the only modification being added root access and busybox.
  10. DragosP

DragosP Active Member

Did you tap on to "Problems ?" in Titanium Backup and after that did you downloaded the good BusyBox for it?