Someone has to know what is causing my 1:1 awake time!Support

Last Updated:

1. Shamrock13

Shamrock13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, to start things off, I just rest my phone to factory settings after finding out I had a one to one awake time... again. I have 60 some programs installed, and here is my app brain list: http://www.appbrain.com/user/Shamrock/apps-on-the-adr6300

If anyone at all can help me figure which applications are possibly causing the awake time, I would be amazingly grateful!

And my settings are as follows:
    WiFi on when I'm home or at my girlfriend's.
    GPS on always.
    Location is being shared.
    I notice when i kill all my applications, there is mo more 1:1, but it starts back up after so long.
    Weather sync 6 hours.
    Facebook sync 4 hours.
    Background sync and the other checkbox in accounts are always checked.
    And as an added bonus, when i look at the program list in system panel, there isn't any application that has more than a minute of CPU use except for my browser which I usually use.

So if you have any questions, please let me know. I would love to hear any feeback. I'm pretty sure its a rogue application but I can't narrow it down.

Also, these are the applications on that list that aren't currently installed:
    Contact Widget
    Urbanspoon
    Astrid Todo
    Pokedroid
    Springpad
    Dice
    Speedtest
    Convertor
    Tip Calc
    Yelp
    Layar

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Who knows really. My first guess of those listed would be Facebook. I realize you said it's a 4 hr update but glitches seem to happen with that app. Some people have had problems with the native calendar app too especially when using the widget for some reason. I use it though without problems. Only thing I can think of is to stop them one at a time starting with the most suspected and hope you can track it down.

3. IRunGameEP

IRunGameEP Well-Known Member

The reason why people have the Calendar app problem is because another application is calling for it. If you read the warnings before you install an app, some of them say it needs access to your calendar...those are the ones that cause the problem. Your 1:1 is an app problem, but it is hard for you to figure it out the way you are doing it. You can do figure it out two ways:

1) Factory reset the phone and install 2 or 3 applications at a time. open up all the apps you installed and check your awake/up time. If your phone is sleeping, then install 2 or 3 more. Keep doing that until you get your phone to stay awake. Then you know what app is doing it.

2) You can use a task manager and kill one app at a time. After you kill the application, see if your phone sleeps. If it does, kill another, and so on until you find the one that is keeping your phone awake.

My awake time was a problem for a while, but I finally fixed it. Now I just need my phone to ring EVERY TIME I get a call, and not when it feels like it...

4. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

if your using an Antivirus app or ATK/ATM check them. I got rid of them cuz of this and causing other apps to force close

5. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

First, I'd say switch off GPS. That uses alot of battery juice, so you should keep that off until you have an app that actually uses it.

Secondly, I would say, from looking at your app list, and from prior experience, it is possibly Meebo, as it needs to constantly be syncing in order to see if there have been any IMs sent to you. Get rid of that and see if it doesn't help solve your 1:1 time problem.

6. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

my first guess is flickr...there are many threads abot this so a quick search will help you. I never set my flickr up so i dont have any actually experience.

download "spare parts" to give you the battery usage readout also.

7. t41n7ed

t41n7ed Member

1. Install Android SDK and all tools (google instructions on how to do this)
    2. Install ADB driver supplied by the SDK
    3. Run ddms.bat (Dalvik Debug Manager)
    4. Turn on Verbose mode in DDM
    5. Monitor what apps are doing what.

Hope this helps.