Someone Help!! (In Call Problem)General

Last Updated:

1. brandonmohl1

brandonmohl1 Member This Topic's Starter

So i have had the eris for a couple months and did the upgrade. Now when i am in a conversation and i try to send a text or do something else while on the phone, the screen cuts in and out. I cant do anything, i have to get off the phone for me to multi task. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. smacky

smacky Banned

There's a sensor on the top left, just by the speaker. You might be getting debris on it, so just wipe it clean with your shirt and the sensor won't be so....sensitive.

You may be able to turn it off completely in the Settings> Call Settings or whatever it is called. It should be called "proximity sensor" which is responsible for turning the screen off when it senses darkness (of your cheek when the phone is next to it) so you don't end up hitting any buttons while talking (like the dialer or "End Call").

That should fix it. If I'm on a call and I need to do something, I hit the "Home" key just to make sure I get to the Home screen and then do what I have to do from there. No screen turning off crap.

3. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member

I agree with Smacky. It sounds like a proximity sensor issue. I have heard that certain screen protectors can cause the sensor to malfunction. If you have a screen protector, I recommend removing it to see if that solves the problem.