Someone help me root 2.2

Last Updated:

1. zlpowerstroke

zlpowerstroke New Member This Topic's Starter

If anyone could root my phone over teamviewer or something similar it would be great. I get so confused in the cmd prompt.

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Hi - welcome to the forums!

I'm sure before long, someone will help you - I'm not expert enough myself.

I do want to give you this sage advice - fortunately - you've left off your area code.

PLEASE DON'T POST SUCH PERSONAL INFO IN THE CLEAR!

Instead, invite others to PM you - that means to send a private message - you can get to that via the link above that says User CP, then later on that page - Inbox. It's a little forum email thing.

Also - from that User CP page - you can enter in your Yahoo or AIM or whatever chat id and it will give a little icon under your username. That opens the door for another way for someone to click to link to you, and just chat.

Now - kindly look under your post - there's a button that says Edit - use that, remove your number.

Android Forums is a very friendly place.

The internet is not a safe and friendly place - and there's spamming and identity-stealing software that automatically runs looking for open email address, phone numbers and anything else personal they can find to use against you.

Now - if you're running Windows - here's a step by step guide with pictures that I found dead simple and effective when I rooted on my lonesome a few months ago:

[TUTORIAL] IDIOT-PROOF Root Guide! NAND Unlock and ADB Update!! - xda-developers

And since then - they've made it way super-simple - using a method called Simpleroot -

[Program] SimpleRoot .1 ---- 3 Click Root w/ nand unlock!! - xda-developers

The brain trust around here is saying that's the way to go.

Kindly consider this thread, read it through -

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-rooting-procedure-explained.html#post1460819

And maybe you'll find you can get by without the direct help.

Please be sure and certain - I'm not criticizing your request in any way - just trying to guide you as best I can at this point.

Best luck, hope this helps!

3. Psywar

Psywar Active Member

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Wow! Very cool.

5. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

I think I will wait for simple root. i waited this long so I can wait a little longer. The hero seemed a little easier to root. I depend on my phone too much to risk it.