• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Someone must have some better news?

I need a new sim card. I know most people will say that You can't get a new sim/uicc card for the Esteem that this phone only works with the card it was issued with. But on a few of the forums I read about people who were able to obtain another sim card by way of LG and Metro combined.

I would like to find out who I have to call and what to say in order to secure myself another card.

Also I read somewhere that I can actually by the mother board with a working sim card?? If anyone knows where to purchase a mother board I would gladly go that route but I have searched and come up empty handed.

Just sell that abomination of a phone and actually buy a decent phone from either Metro and T-Mobile. The Esteem is an old and frustrating phone. I bought the S3 last year and i never looked. So much faster, better battery and without all of the bugs that came with the Esteem.

To answer your question the answer is NO. That POS phone that LG released only works with the SIM card that comes with the phone out of the factory. Only bleeping phone i ever seen that you lose a little SIM card and the phone becomes a brick.

Upvote 0
I almost totally agree. I've been watching the GS3 since before they hit the market. But with a 400$ price tag it's still out of my reach. The Esteem really isn't all that bad though. I have a working Esteem still I just wanted to get this other one hooked up to sell and maybe cut the cost on the S3 by half. If not I can use it as a cool mp3 touch that I can mod. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones