• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Someone please help me!!

Ok here is the deal. I just got this phone (SGH-I897) and it is locked to at&t, I need to root it to unlock it. I have rooted phones before but am having a hell of a time trying to figure this out. I tried superoneclick first but can't connect the phone to my pc. I feel I have installed these drivers a billion times. Then I was going to try z4root, which I've had success with before, but at&t doesn't allow you to install apps that aren't from the market. So I purchaced the non-market app enabler from the market but it requires me to be rooted to use it! lol, so I just keep hitting brick walls and have put about 6 hours into this so I have turned to you guys. So if someone could help install the proper drivers or find another way to root this phone I would be forever grateful. The phone is froyo 2.2 and yes I have USB debugging enabled.

Thanks for any and all help. -Don

66clko.png

This is the message I get every time I try to root using SuperOneClick.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones