Someone please help!!

Last Updated:

1. ryanoption

ryanoption Active Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted using the unclokrs method and have no touch screen!!Please help if you can!

Advertisement
  2. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

Do you have the Mytouch v1.2?

3. ryanoption

Ye and it was clearly stated at the top this worked for my phone.I'm pretty pissed now I gotta pay 130 bucks to get a new one.I tried following all the directions on how to fix everything but nothing is working.I tried the new engeneering SPL and new amon ra recovery but how do I load a ROM?Do you do that from the recovery screen.I'm so lost going through all those directions...

4. jfritzs2

Yeah yeah, you push home and power, get the the recovery image, then with the rom file added to the root (not in any folders of your sd card) select flash zip from sd, and select the particular rom that you loaded to your sd card.

5. ryanoption

I have done it!Rooted mytouch 1.2!Only running the stock Rom if anyone knows of a good Ron for the 1.2 feel free to post em up

6. jfritzs2

Well good, I'm glad, I don't know of any roms for 1.2, but if I come across some, I'll send them your way.

7. aldaris

aldaris Member

you didnt even thank him, but yeah thats good :] you could check xda developers they got roms for 32A

8. ryanoption

So yeah I was getting desperate there for a second...I decided to go head first into this and it was basically hell!Keep in mind I've had an android device for about 2 weeks and have never even looked at one in the past until now because it was SUPPOSED to be open source but doing what I did voids my warranty?.In the beginning I had to downgrade and ended up with a ROM with no touchscreen,no phone,no contacts,nothing... was pretty worrysome.Was about to file an insurance claim when...I rooted this bitch!If you're good at this then you probably wouldn't have any troubles.Thing is there is only 1 ROM(to the extent of my knowledge) thats not experimental,and works 100%..and that's the stock ROM.Go to the xda forums and look up cursordroid's stock 1.2 ROM...not a whole lot but gives you root and there is quite a bit of experimental ROMs out there but I hear of alot of bugs.If anyone has a good one feel free to let me know!The process took me about 8 hours.Goldcards on a Sandisk work as well,it's said that they don't.Good luck to the next person!Doubt anyone will brick their phone doing this I probably did so much stuff I wasn't supposed to I can't believe the phone works again!Thanks Cursordroid!!

9. ryanoption

And thanks for offering to send them my way...I was totally indulged in this you have no idea lol...