Someone please help!

Last Updated:

1. Live_free

Live_free New Member This Topic's Starter

My droid says it is rooted, I decided to update to 2.1 without knowing it would lock me out of being able to root and all that. I just wanted to see how it was. So now I've done everything, my phone SAYS its rooted but I CANT, no matter what I do set up a nandroid backup, like NOTHING works. I know how to do it, it just won't. Any ideas? Any more info you need? I've done complete restore delete everything type deals. Nothing is working. My phone works as normal I just can't seem to get nandroid to work. I'm starting to wonder if my phone is even rooted...

How I updated: I restored to an old backup then updated manually to 2.1 update1 official. Any ideas? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Probably lost root somehow, what happens when you type su in terminal emulator? You might need to flash the 2.0.1 SBF file and start over if you can't get nandroid to work.

3. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Could be a possible busybox error which has happened to me after flashing a new ROM. Install Titanium and hit the "problems" key. That will install a working version of busybox that may correct your problem. Also, if you have ROM manager you can reflash recovery and within ROM Manager try "Fix Permissions."

4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

He took the official 2.1 update. The only way back now atm, use rsdlite and an sbf file to go back to 2.01 stock and reroot.
    If you took the official update, u may have the su app, but no root.
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk