• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Someone please respond

maxx2496

Jun 8, 2010
here
I just have a few questions i hope somebody can answer them .

- How do you turn roaming off on the HTC EVO?

- I noticed when viewing mail other than Gmail, my inboxes do not display all of my mail, only about 25+ out of my 100+ total. If this is normal, someone please let me know. If not please let me know how to modify the mail settings so i can view all my messages (i was not able to find any specific setting to do this myself).:thinking:

- I noticed when going under Settings>Applications>Manage Applications there is about a 30 sec. loading/lag delay when the manage application menu is loading. I did encounter a Force Close error 1 time and had to restart phone. The long load time still happens after multiple hard boots to the phone. I was wondering if this is normal and if anyone else is experiencing this. If not i am happily open to any suggestions. This also happens when viewing running services but only with a 15 sec load time. (i have no 3rd party apps installed except for qik,google goggles,google maps, google earth, and google sky map):eek:

- I have terrible signal in my house and get dropped calls all the time (not the EVO's fault) i never recieve a "drop call tone" which would be helpful that way i'm not left talking to myself. Does anyone know how to enable a drop call tone if possible?

- I searched everywhere for a "Notes" app on the EVO and did not find one in stock. A little weird to me because most phones come with some kind of note taking tool. :( ; Anyone have any good n safe suggestions for apps?

- Can someone explain the Android Power Bar Widget to me? I dont know what the "Circular arrows are for" what does it mean?

- I am just curious, does anyone know if there is some type of external "universal keyboard" compatible with the EVO.

*sorry for bombarding with all these questions. I'm just a happy EVO user wanting to learn more about his phone. Thanks ahead!:cool:

- I have terrible signal in my house and get dropped calls all the time (not the EVO's fault) i never recieve a "drop call tone" which would be helpful that way i'm not left talking to myself. Does anyone know how to enable a drop call tone if possible?

My EVO beeps a couple seconds after a call is disconnected. Don't know if this happens with dropped calls since I haven't had one yet.

Upvote 0

- I searched everywhere for a "Notes" app on the EVO and did not find one in stock. A little weird to me because most phones come with some kind of note taking tool.

1. Call Sprint and tell them about your dropped calls at home. Try to negotiate a good on an AIRAVE

Sprint - Define Region

2. Notes App? Try Color Note <<Love it!

Reactions: maxx2496
Upvote 0
- Can someone explain the Android Power Bar Widget to me? I dont know what the "Circular arrows are for" what does it mean?

that is for google sync. when it's on it will sync your contacts, it turns on the gmail push, and i believe it backs up your texts? not sure on the last part.

When you see the circular arrows, it means that something is being updated, Friend Stream, email, contacts, etc....

Reactions: maxx2496
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones