1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

someones gotta be able to help :(Support

1. anthonyox1987

anthonyox1987 New Member

right so basically i have an old samsung galaxy s i9000 on orange, but today my gf took it to get it unlocked as she wants to use her o2 sim in it as hers phone has to be sent for repairing.

the man that did it said it was unlocked but when i try to put her sim in it doesnt get any signal, wont allow phone calls/txts etc and sometimes switches to airplane mode for no reason. also when i try to copy contacts from sim to phone it says 'sim initialising' and then does nothing else.

i believe it is unlocked as if you go into phone information it says under network: 'o2' so its recognising the sim kind of but not lettin me do anything ;/

does anyone have any ideas as to what i can do cos as you can expect shes nagging haha.

please help
    thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. anthonyox1987

anthonyox1987 New Member

someones gotta be able to give a lil help? :(
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I don't know much about SIM use since I've always used CDMA phones, but is it possible it's a bad SIM? Does the original (if you still have it) still work?
  4. xsenman

xsenman Well-Known Member

actually different networks operate on different GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) technology, the triband Galaxy S operates on is 800, 1800 and 1900 frequency bands. So its best to check which band O2 operates on for it to be detected by the galaxy S

In addition, you can set your network to automatic , if it is currently set to any particular network

touch menu>touch settings . wireless and Network > scroll down to Mobile networks > touch roaming > set to automatic

0r you can enter this code on your dialer *#2263# (RF Band Selection) ( not sure it works on your unit so you can try other service codes

easiest solution would be to use ( buy another sim card) the same network sim you had been using
  5. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Well-Known Member

Actually, the international version of the Galaxy S GT-i9000 uses the following bands:-
    2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G Network HSDPA 900 / 1900 / 2100

Chances are, the guy didn't unlock the phone but was happy to take your money. You ought to go back to the shop and make sure he has unlocked the phone for you.

For future referrence, there are a couple of free apps on Google Play that will unlock your Galaxy S for free, in seconds.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwxLDMsImNvbS5oZWxyb3ouZ2FsYXh5c3VubG9jayJd

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...rZWhhY2t3b3J0aC5TYW1zdW5nR2FsYXh5U1VubG9jayJd

Ray.