something deleting my contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Shonan

Shonan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

as per tittle, something keeps deleting all my contacts, jus today i hav had to restore um 7 times today,

has anyone else come across this and managed to resolve the issue

all help is welcome

thanks

Advertisement
  2. tinny9

tinny9 Member

hey buddy pls expain ur problem in detail....

do u have any idea abt synchronisation.
    u might have activated it.

3. Shonan

hey tinny,

i hav checked and my sync and it is not acivated, via google or SE, it only started to do it yesterday ive deleted any recent apps i put on and i still get the problem, it will start to delete all assigned pic to my contacts then will delete them all together, this mornin it now done it three times, ? ? ?

i now jus reinstalled the software via SE updater, reinstalled my settings and contacts, rebooted my phone which it asked me to do and suprise suprise my contacts were gone again, so i now kno its not a app doing it,

4. tinny9

tinny9 Member

u can do one thing...........take a back up of ur contacts via the application in the handset.

u can also try synchronising contacts with google.
    in that manner ur contacts will atleast be saved in ur google account.

5. Shonan

i hav backed my contacts up via the handset and now got the google sync checked, on a wim im hoping this works, but i never had this done before so...... will jus hav to see unless anyone got another solution for me to try

thanks tinny for the help

6. sharkhark

sharkhark Well-Known Member

what the heck just happened...i get so many defending this phone and yet i keep having issues after issues, forced closes, strange behaviours..so i decided yet again...to go and do the whole....back up my stuff...then use the companion software to repair the phone...then did my back up restore...

..but i just went in to a shortcut for direct dial for my mom....but she is not in contacts...so i open contacts...and its got me in there and nobody else!!!!!!!! and i just painstainkingly after buying this phone... had to add in all of the apps that back up doesnt keep..then i had to add in all my passwords and usernames...which took me ages...
    so after all that...i now find out that all my contacts that i added are gone. to make matters worse i use yahoo and could not import them to gmail..which i dont use..only have an account due to a group i belong too...so i previously when getting phone sat down for two hours manually inputting all my friends, mailing addresses, email address's, cell numbers, work numbers, work addresses, home phones and on and on.

now all that is gone!!!
    what do i do now? i keep getting all these problems and alot of people experience crap too, yet people say its a great phone, just repair it..well how many times? and now how do i get all my contacts back?
    why did the back up program say it saved all contacts but they disappeared?

7. sharkhark

just went into my backup and did it all over again...and added just specifically contacts...they are back...whew...pretty upset i went thru that fear for nothing and still dont know why it didnt do it the first time..but oh well....getting used to living in fear with this phone.......sigh.

8. Shonan

hey shark,

for ur apps download APPBRAIN and sync it with ur account that will keep a track of the apps u hav, found it bloody useful after i reset my phone,
    wot did u ise to back up ur contacts, iv bin using the default one on the handset for everything else, (contacts, settings, sms/mms) and its bin ok,

I kno wot u mean bout the phone bud, dont get me wrong i love the phone, think its got the makins of a good handset but all these niggles on top of more niggles are making it a unwanted phone,

9. sharkhark

yeah, i used what you used, the backup that came with the phone. i will take your suggestion and download that app to ensure i have things saved.

Since going thru a complete repair and flash of my phone today, it has force closed 6 times already today, and i was told to do this ..yet again..to prevent forced closes.
    i am not even doing anything..no aftermarket apps open etc..just i.e. simply going to my email...i cannot win.
    thanks for the info though! i really sound bitter and i am..but i really do want to like the phone..just a whole lot of frustration for something i have only owned for a couple weeks.