• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Something else for missed notifications?

sngnyrslp

Lurker
Jan 31, 2011
I was using Missed Call on my MyTouch for a long time, but then I got the Froyo update and it made my phone a big fail, so I just got a new LG Optimus T in the mail today. Missed Call was great and had everything I wanted, except I really like the Froyo notification icon for SMS. Now I'm using missed reminder but it's imperfect because it doesn't replace my notifications like Missed Call; it comes after the fact.

In short, is there a third missed notification app that's essentially like Missed Call but that won't make me give up my notification icons?

If you have Tasker you can try the Missed Notification Reminder profiles in the Tasker Wiki. As presented they cover missed calls, Google Voice, Messaging, Gmail, and Calendar. It's easy to disable the ones you don't want. It can be a bit complicated to add others, but it's doable. If you're interested in adding others, let me know and I can explain better how the profiles work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones