• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Something else on saving battery power

gcobb

Android Enthusiast
Nov 18, 2010
Southaven, MS
After seeing apps start up by themselves or stay open and having to manually kill them I have come to a conclusion.

I didn't use ATK or any other app I have or had to kill the apps. But after the past two days of using my phone regularly and not worrying about apps staying open, I'm not sure killing them has been a help to me at all. I have used less battery power, have had no lags or anything else since I stopped closing apps. I do recall reading something that mentioned the apps have to run in order for other things to run, so they would open when needed.

I looked at my battery usage. It didn't show any of them using any memory worth mentioning. So, leaving them alone may be the better option. It may benefit some users to give this a shot and see how it goes.

Just my 2 cents worth though...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones