• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Something funny IMO

tothemoon.png

Upvote 0
Working at a retailer that deals with some electronics I feel the need to contribute.

1. Don't use google under any circumstances. Fixing your own problems is so "low class". I mean I get paid minimum wage to answer phone calls and tell you how to fix products you didn't buy from me anyway right?

2. Don't bring in your laptop/dvd player/cell phone. Every charger works for every thing! all the tips are going to magically match up and if they don't? its the associates fault! How dare they not know!

3. No matter what problem you have, there is a magical program in the store's computers to solve it. We promise, our company invest millions in writing a program to solve every possibly problem you might have with no effort or cooperation on your part! We can just type in "radio unknown, but, it was about as big as a toaster!" and look up the exact fuse you need.

4. If we don't know the answer to the question, yell at us and insult our intelligence! We need to be reminded we are here to serve you! If we misunderstand or get the answer wrong after the first question, yell a bit louder we are all just hard of hearing.

5. We love to hear you complain about the price of everything, then gripe at us when you buy something cheap that doesn't work. Yes, the cell phone that comes free with a contract does have a web browser, No it is not going to work as well as the 200$ android phone. If you can't afford it you can't afford it however, don't immediately opt for the cheapest thing imaginable and then complain because "you didn't realize" it wouldn't work as well as the more expensive product.

6. You sign your contract in our store, your contract is not through us. Do not call and grip when your phone doesn't work after 6 months, also just because you pay your bill at my store does not mean you are paying me. I get paid minimum wage to take your bill and my store makes next to nothing for you paying it here. So please quit acting like you are doing me a personal favor. I am an associate I make nothing for your payment of that bill. If you want to accomplish something, call the company who provides your phone service not me who has no power to do anything.

7. There are over 400 or so products in the store. Yes I am suppose to know how every single one of them works without the manual. Yes you have every right to yell at me if I can't "sell you that phone" and show you how it works without using a manual.

8. there is probably over a thousand tags in my store. You have every right to be mad if we happen to not pull down a single one and your product cost 5$ more than you were expecting. You are perfectly within your rights to make a huge scene over a simple mistake. After all my store doesn't have a dedicated price tag crew but, no worries we are perfectly capable of pulling down old tags, answering the phone, activating a cell phone, explaining how to set up gmail on an android device AND explaining why a customer is not gunna receive a signal from an antenna all at once.

9. I work there.. I should know how to do anything with any cell phone. Never mind the fact that I have never used a blackberry in my life, and your the one who wanted on and insisted you knew "everything" about it.

10. No, I don't have a life and this is my Career. I am not going to college for computer science or anything. Why would I want to better myself? I mean.. I'm only working 4 hours today because I'm lazy not because I get out of class at 4:45 and have to be at work for 5.

11. Make sure you get a phone your going to want to upgrade in two weeks. No sense in trying to pick something your gunna be happy with for a year right? I mean after all the phone is FREE.. never mind the fact you actually save more money when you buy the one that is 200$ with a contract.. it is a 600$ phone.. and your free phone is 200$ full price. Make sure you get a phone your not going to be happy with so you can complain about not having the one you would have to pay 600$ for now.

12. make sure to come in last minute. We don't have anywhere to go.

13. Yes I will activate your pre paid phone that you bought from another store completely for free. Why shoudl I care that I'm wasting my companies time and money when you are spending your money at walmart?

14. If the machine screws up or something is wrong with the system.. No its not the computer or phone companies fault. I intentionally screwed it up because after a year of working with 3 different phone companies, I still have no idea what I'm doing.

15. I am pushing you to get a higher end phone strictly because I make money of the phone not the contract I sell. Not because your stuck with that phone for 2 years and the provider I suggested charges nothing extra for data. On the flip side I am suggesting you get a lower end phone strictly because I don't want you to look cool and think your not worthy of the latest and greatest. It has nothing to do with the fact that you will not use it pay 30$ a month more on the provider you want and still be like a blind deer in the headlights anytime you have an opportunity to use the phone for something useful completely wasting every bit of potential the phone has.

16. No we don't have your mac cable no one in town does.

17. I don't care if you can get the same part on newegg for 25$ cheaper. Infact if I wouldn't get in trouble I would have told you to go there.. but, my boss standing over my shoulder is a good deterrent.

18. I am only pushing accessories because my job depends on it. It has nothing to do with the fact that a 3g enabled smartphone when being really used will drain batteries pretty fast so the car charger I am suggesting is only to annoy you. Don't worry about screen protectors you only had to sign a contract for your phone so it must be free all the time! it isn't really worth 200-300$ and if something happens to it we can just give you a new one like its no problem so why should you waste 7$ on insurance through the phone company or screen protectors?

19. I am a borg in disguise the hive mind has direct access to all banks/payment and I will download the information as to how much you need to pay on your bill shortly. Until then we refuse to assimilate you for lack of intelligence.

Upvote 0
here is a random joke to bump to the first page

A 10pm curfew was imposed in Belfast, and everybody had to be off the streets or risk being shot. However one citizen was shot at 9.45pm.
"Why did you do that?" the soldier was asked by his superior officer. "I know where he lives," came the reply, "and he wouldn't have made it."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones