Something I noticed about the Hero's screen compared to some other touch phones...

Last Updated:

1. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have noticed that the Hero's screen display is actually a bit lower than the screen on which you touch.

This may be a little difficult to understand, so think of it this way. Say you have a picture framed inside of a picture frame. With the Hero, it seems like there is a bit of space in between the actual picture and the inside of the glass.

This is especially noticeable if you tilt the phone as horizontal as possible while touching the screen. You will see has the position at which you place your finger seems to offset a bit as you tilt your screen more and more.

Here is an illustration depicting the screen difference compared to, say, an iPhone:

[​IMG]

Could this provide some reasoning behind why the Hero's touchscreen seems to be quite unresponsive at times? As many of you know, the iPhone's responsiveness is flawless, to say the least.

Advertisement
  2. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

I noticed the same thing but never thought anything of it. I wouldn't call the Hero's screen unresponsive though, my wife's Moment seems way more unresponsive to me.

3. Xandria

Xandria Well-Known Member

I have never had issues with my screen being unresponsive. I believe you can calibrate it to be more or less sensitive as well.

4. mlblack16

mlblack16 Well-Known Member

I've noticed that, when scrolling up/down the screen often slips down when I place my thumb on the screen to continue scrolling up. I know exactly what the OP is referring to. It may only impact some of us and or the manner in which we touch the screen. I wouldn't say it's "unresponsive" rather that it is inaccurate. The only calibration I have seen is with the typewriter which is not a screen calibration tool. It calibrates to the keys for that application not the entire screen. I had a calibration tool on yhe Instinct and you could tell a huge difference if the screen was out of whack.

5. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

The screen is a CAPACITIVE reactive screen which senses and responds to ELECTRICAL conductivity of the skin touching the screen. There are factors which can and do interfere with this and results in the response issues you might be talking about. Also, some (including myself) have noticed there is response issues when the phone is laying on a flat surface, who knows what that is about? lol... But dry skin and other stuff on the skin may reduce the screen's ability to detect your finger. I noticed on COLD or DRY days the screen is less responsive. IDK, just some thoughts on the subject.

:cool:

6. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

have noticed that some apps I have downloaded are not very responsive... and others are fine is there a way for the programmer to tinker with the sensitivity of the display while an app is running?

7. roland365

roland365 Well-Known Member

too much time on your hands my friend

8. Wulazaga

Wulazaga Member

I don't think the distance of the screen is an issue... its a capacitive screen so distance generally isn't a factor.