Something is rattling / loose inside the phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. pastafish

pastafish Member This Topic's Starter

I've only been using my Nexus One for about 24 hours and it has suddenly started rattling when i place it down on a surface or shake it a little. It also occurs when the phone vibrates. As you can imagine this is pretty annoying, especially as you'd expect something that costs over $500 to be very well built.

I've worked out it's coming from the top end of the device near the camera but I can't find exactly what it is that's causing the problem :(

Has anyone else come across this or did I just get unlucky? I've been very careful handling the phone.. haven't abused it at all.

Advertisement
  2. ShotSkydiver

ShotSkydiver Well-Known Member

Nope... mine is perfectly fine.

3. oniongirl

oniongirl Well-Known Member

I'd call HTC and get them to replace it. Unless you've rooted it. In which case... um... hugs?

4. pastafish

Yeah I think I'll give HTC a call tomorrow and see what they say. I feel like I'm being a bit fussy but it is really irritating :(

5. laughter95

laughter95 Well-Known Member

mine does too. very slightly. this can't be the accelerometer? i do'nt care, i'm getting a new one for the speck of dust that's underneath the screen anyway

6. jpw

jpw Member

Hahaha I never noticed the slight noise when putting it down on something but now I hear it. My bet is it has to deal with whatever triggers the screen to switch orientations when rotating the phone.

But to call it "rattling" is extreme.

7. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

It's common. We had this discussion on the Hero forum. My Hero did it for 6 months from day one and my Nexus One does. It is no big deal.

8. pastafish

Okay thanks for the input guys, I won't worry about it. It's strange that the iPhone doesn't do this as well though :)

9. club968

club968 Well-Known Member

Mine do it too. Somewhere right around te camera. Doesn't bother me too much and the phone works pretty well otherwise.

10. androidtx

androidtx Well-Known Member

I noticed mine does it too, it is something in the vicinity of the camera. I hear it sometimes when I put the phone down on a hard service. I don't really see the big deal, but then again I am the type of person who has never used a case or a screen protector on any phone I have ever used.