• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help something is using too much data

gale65

Android Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2012
indiana
Normally I use anywhere from 45 to 65 mb per month. That's for a full month. After the update (which happened on wifi) I've used 133 mb of data in the last 6 days. It appears to be from Chrome. I have gps turned off, location services turned off, sync turned off, notifications turned off. What can be causing it? My habits have not changed at all. :thinking:

Here's a screen shot. I was mistaken about my data use on other months-it's more like 150 per month. The dates were off. Still, that's for an entire month and this 133 was used in 6 days.

Attachments

• data_usage.jpg
    data_usage.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 57
Upvote 0
Are you running chrome on your PC? Perhaps it's synching your bookmarks between the Chrome on your cell and the Chrome on your PC. It uses something called ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk (I have this on my phone, and I do not run Chrome).

No idea if it tries to sync when you don't have it installed on a PC, but you should be able to restrict background data for Chrome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones