something is very wrong with my evoSupport

Last Updated:

1. SolemnVow

SolemnVow New Member This Topic's Starter

ok for starters, i do download various apps from the market place, but i also check the permissions and anything that sounds to personal, or ask for too much, i dont downoad it, unless its from a trusted source like google or something. well anyway, today, i noticed that my phone had dialed a number in my phone book out of nowhere , which is very weird to me. i just thought it could have been a pocket dial or something but then when i went to look at my phone a few mins later, i noticed another something even weirder, my background image was completly different! it was a picture of a girl and and guy sitting on some damn couch! i was shocked. i have no idea how it got into my phone,my phone doesnt leave my site and is always on my hip,it was never away from me for one second, so it had to be like something internal going on with the phone. next weird thing, i go to my browser and its on the netflix website. now i did goto the netflix site a few days ago but since then i have not, and i have been to many other sites since then. it was at my log in and password page. weird thing number 4, my swype keyboard is missing! like it has been deleted or something it vanished from thin air. so in short, i think someone hacked me i guess, most likely from an app i downloaded and i dont know what steps i am suppose to take next. i dont know what to do to protect me from further damage, can someone lead me in the right direction, thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Might want to check the last few apps you installed,or uninstall and re-install one at a time and monitor your phone for any unwanted activities.

3. Captain Starfish

Captain Starfish Well-Known Member

Another thing you could try is turn off your data and see if anything else unusual happens. If something does happen it's probably not a hacker, but a malicious app. Another alternative is a virus.

Going out on a limb here you could try Norton Mobile Security from the market. I don't know if it really works but it's worth a shot as it's free and it's from a reputable company.