Something I've noticed on the DXSupport

Last Updated:

1. chaoscarrot

chaoscarrot Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey well I recently went from an iphone 3g to the EVO to the DX, and while I definitely like the DX the most out of all 3 there's something that I think might keep the iphone ahead in terms of apps for a while. On the iphone, every app is designed specifically for just the iphone, and thus will (if its a good quality app) run perfectly on it. Coming from a iphone 3g to essentially the DX, I've noticed a large number of apps were clearly not designed for the DX, nor for a phone with this size screen. Many apps appear quite blurry and stretched, and some do not even fit at all...Now I know this is not an extremely large issue but it kind of made me realize that developers did not mean for their apps to be on this size of screen before popular phones like the EVO and DX came out. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Advertisement
  2. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think some of those apps are made for 1.5 or earlier where it only support one resolution. Since 1.6, android support devices of varying sizes, even ones with 5.0+ screens. So large screen devices is nothing new to developers. The platform has support for it for a while now.

Supporting Multiple Screens | Android Developers

chaoscarrot likes this.
  3. esn

esn Well-Known Member

The apps are being updated daily so it won't be long before those few apps catch up with all the others. Android is so new things change fast.