Something Loose?Support

Last Updated:

1. IamShakes

IamShakes Member This Topic's Starter

Just today i put my phone down on a book and heard something rattle / vibrate. Seeing as the phone is only about a month old and reading stories of how tough this phone is on here, i started wondering. I've never dropped the phone or anything so just want to know if this is normal or i need to take it to verizon to fix something.

The looseness only can be heard when tapping the back of the phone near the top. I took off the cover and removed the battery and that wasn't the cause. I put in an headphone cable verifying that wasn't the cause. I held both the volume rocker and the on/off button down also verifying that wasn't the cause.

I'm not sure where it is coming from but appears to be from the camera / LED area or above.

Does anyone else hear something while tapping the back top of their phone?

Advertisement
  2. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

I never noticed it before, but mine does rattle faintly when I tap it there.
    I think it's the power button. (nope, it isn't - as you say, a finger on the button doesn't stop the rattle. However, squeezing the sides of the battery cover at the top does mostly stop it. Might just be the cover? Anyway, I think it's harmless.)

3. Ufkal

Ufkal Well-Known Member

Could it be your camera? I've been noticing that my cam is making a noise similar to that. I hear that sound when my camera is accidentally is activated.

4. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

Yup, so I stopped tapping on the back of the phone LoL

I actually hear it a little with the haptic feedback which can be a little annoying. I do believe it is either the camera or jack but not sure.

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Most likely the camera lens moving on the track; maybe the motor loosens over time? Either way I doubt it's anything serious, AFAIK the camera lens is the only moving piece in the entire phone after all, lol.