Something odd this morning...

Last Updated:

1. Mishkadroid

Mishkadroid Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guy,

I've been creeping around phandroid forums for a while now but since I up graded my g1 to a vibrant a few weeks ago I figure I'd post here about my experience with this phone. So far it's been great. Definitely leaves my g1 in the dust. I haven't had any gps problems and lag has been minimal. However, this morning I noticed that my call quality has degraded secretly. On my end it sounds like rattles dangling on a ceiling fan. This wasn't an issue before. It's also past remorse so I can't exchange it at tmobile anyway (not that I want to, just
    would be nice to have a functioning phone). The battery has seemed to get progressively worse as well with none of the suggestions here yielding results for me. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. The phone is great but the problems with it seem to be hit or miss. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

The earpiece that samsung uses isn't all that great. What I do is blow the earpiece a little at that usually stops that rattle noise.

3. Mishkadroid

Mishkadroid Member This Topic's Starter

That was the first thing I tried. Needless to say it seems much worse than asomething being stuck in there. Definitely one of the more annoying problems I've had with it. Has anyone gone through samsung's warranty process? Just wondering if its even worth going through with it?

4. m4r10

m4r10 Well-Known Member

try to exchange. hopefully you are still within your exchange period. I have pretty good call quality.

5. djquick

djquick Well-Known Member

Not to be a smartass or anything, but try rebooting the phone and see if there's an improvement.

6. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Well, if there's a rattle, then there's probably something loose in there. Better get it checked out before it does more damage.

7. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

Just call up Tmo and more then likely they will swap it out. As for the battery, I find its a good thing to completely drain the batter and then charge while the phone is off. You'll notice it takes alot longer to charge, but once its done you should notice much better life. This is something to do every one in a long while, and for other things like laptops too.