• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Something to replace Word Docs or make them functional on Droid?

CatB

Aug 5, 2010
I am now using a Droid Incredible after getting rid of a Windows Mobile devcie and I LOVE IT but the only thing I miss is

1) Being able to transfer Word Docs from my desktop onto my phone and use, read and edit them from my phone

2) Being able to create Documents in general, that I would normally use Word for

Any thoughts on what I might use instead, something that will work seamlessly between my desktop and my Droid?

Thanks!
Cat

I am now using a Droid Incredible after getting rid of a Windows Mobile devcie and I LOVE IT but the only thing I miss is

1) Being able to transfer Word Docs from my desktop onto my phone and use, read and edit them from my phone

2) Being able to create Documents in general, that I would normally use Word for

Any thoughts on what I might use instead, something that will work seamlessly between my desktop and my Droid?

Thanks!
Cat
I use Documents to Go Full Version at $14.99. I belive it has a 30 day free trial version. I used it on my BB as well.

Upvote 0
I use Documents to Go Full Version at $14.99. I belive it has a 30 day free trial version. I used it on my BB as well.

$15 is pretty steep for an app. Is it just for reading Word docs or does it have other functions as well?

Ideally, what I am looking for is an app that will allow me to create a document on my desktop and put it on my Droid, and then open it, view it, edit it on my Droid if need be and then be able to "sync" those changes on my desktop later.

Upvote 0
$15 is pretty steep for an app. Is it just for reading Word docs or does it have other functions as well?

Ideally, what I am looking for is an app that will allow me to create a document on my desktop and put it on my Droid, and then open it, view it, edit it on my Droid if need be and then be able to "sync" those changes on my desktop later.
Documents to Go is worth it. It also has a great editor for Word, Excel, and PPoint, and a decent PDF viewer.

You're looking for DropBox. I've only had DropBox an hour and I'm in love. It's not just for Word -- you can sync anything as long as you keep it under 2GB.

Upvote 0
Documents to Go is worth it. It also has a great editor for Word, Excel, and PPoint, and a decent PDF viewer.

You're looking for DropBox. I've only had DropBox an hour and I'm in love. It's not just for Word -- you can sync anything as long as you keep it under 2GB.

So do I need both Drop Box and Documents to go to view Word?

Also, I am not a fan of having to log onto a website to access docs, esp. ones that I use several times a day. Is Drop Box a log in type app? Plus, with Verizon, you can't be on the phone and access the internet, which would mean i can't view my Docs while on the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones