Something turning up my System Volume?Support

Last Updated:

1. fojae

fojae Member This Topic's Starter

I always keep my system volume turned all the way down. I don't know why anyone would want their phone to make obnoxious sounds when turning off. When do most people turn their phones off? Church, movies, meetings, basically anytime you want it to be QUIET. Anyway, I digress.

Something keeps turning up my system volume. Often when my phone shuts down due to low battery I hear the stupid shutdown sound. I think it may also have happened a few times when powering the phone off manually. I am rooted and I know I could rename the files, but I am getting tired of working around the bugs on this thing and having to keep track of all the files I rename. I try to keep it as "stock" as possible.

Any ideas on what might be turning my system volume up?

Advertisement
  2. ru_benz

ru_benz Member

If you use Google Navigation, that would be the culprit. The app maxes out the System Volume whenever you use turn-by-turn directions, but it doesn't restore the volume to your original settings.

3. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

On my phone the only thing I noticed that cranks it up app wise is navigation as stated above that would be the first place to check. I keep mine on low always but when I use nav I have to remind myself to lower the volume afterwards.

4. ToNrDrOiD

ToNrDrOiD Well-Known Member

i also noticed this as well .. is there no resolution to this?
    so annoying